29 November 2005

The Process...

Dear Readers,
Here's an update. I have spoken with my wife and she told me that her doctor told her that we have to separate from the Army in order to facilitate her healing. She told me point blank that if I stay in the Army she will take our child and live with her mother until I ETS. My wife and I are very close, and she loves me, but she is losing her mind to severe depression. She wants to be with me, but not at the cost of her mental and emotional health. We are going to see her doctors tomorrow and the next day, and she tells me that the purpose is for them to corroborate what she has told me. If things are as serious as she says, I won't have any choice but to apply for a hardship discharge. I am not going to separate from my family simply so I can continue soldiering. My family is what gives me the strength to do so in the first place. I define who I am by my family. I have not been sleeping without chemical help these last two months or so, I have quit going to the gym, and I have really begun not caring whether or not I put anyone in the Army. Why? Because I am not only getting severe stress from the job, but from home as well. I don't have the energy to handle both anymore. Hell, I think I need to start talking to a chaplain or something. We need a drastic change or I fear my family will fall apart. If it comes to a choice between the Army or my family, I will choose my family every time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home