20 November 2005

The Towel...

Well, dear fans. The time has come for me to do one of two things, throw down the gauntlet, or throw in the towel. Should I choose to do the former, I think I will get put out of the Army with a "Big Chicken Dinner", thus rendering myself unemployable. This leaves the latter as my only option. My family is falling apart. My poor wife is averaging three hours of sleep per night, and my son is going stir crazy because my wife doesn't have the energy to contend with a wild four-year old. Her doctor has already told her what the source of her stress is, my "job". He told her point blank that in order for her to normalize, I need to be doing something else. He suggested that military life is not good for my wife. I suppose this puts me at somewhat of an impasse. I refuse to destroy my family integrity simply so that I can live the life I would prefer. I love being a soldier, but I love my family more. I choose the towel...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home